What's this all about then?

This blog is essentially a dialogue between my 3 home educated children, (whom I was going to give nicknames, but I just know I wouldn't be able to remember who's who) and myself. I will use it to record the work that is set for them, and they will be able to post comments to let me know if they've completed the tasks. I am hoping that this will also double as a useful record to show the authorities when they come calling. We are still getting used to the kids coming out of School and into Home Education, so haven't decided properly on a philosophy or approach yet - although I know I will want to incorporate some structure and also be flexible enough to go out and enjoy the weather when we can! It will also be a place for family and friends to get involved and keep an eye on what we're doing, because they think we just laze about and do nothing all day!!!

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

5th - 9th March, 2012. AMY

Hey sweetie,

as you know we're taking it easy this month because of the move - so if you could make sure you do the following I'll be happy.

- Citizenship - Watch Planet of the apes DVD and write about the animal rights issues brought up in the film.

- English - go to http://www.literacyassessment.co.uk/ and go to "take the test", LEA=Northamptonshire, School=Home Educator, Password is written on the board, group is those morrises and you know your name. It's a super easy listening and spelling test so shouldn't take long.

- Art and Design - Continue with the drawing tutorials. http://www.explore-drawing-and-painting.com/drawing-tutorials-3.html

- ICT - Enterprise Quiz (Dropbox, education, Subjects, ICT, Enterprise Quiz)

- Maths- 2 Complete lessons on Conquer Maths please.

- English - You need to write out your Essay Assignment by hand and fill out the form to go with it, and then send it off. (Dropbox, Education, Subjects, English, Assignment form copy)

- Also make sure that you get everything ready for the craft fayre on saturday.

Love you. xxx

11 comments:

  1. done the ICT quiz thing :) (well, doing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Amy, apparently you are a cross between Richard Branson and Alan Sugar!!! You're cake business should do well then!

      Delete
  2. i did one of the conquermaths (the parts of a circle) got 81% but got stuck on the last 5 questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done Hun, I'll schedule some time next week for us to have a go at it together.

      Don't forget the second lesson though - maybe choose something unrelated to the first lesson.

      Delete
    2. ok will do that next :) after english if i have time :)

      Delete
  3. the art is done but it isnt that great :( in my sketchpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad considering you weren't looking at all!!

      Delete
  4. finished the literacy assesment thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy you did really well on this, 97.5% on the phonics test but I think that was accidental as you missed a question out and a listening and spelling age of 15!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've cancelled the Craft fayre as we've all been ill and the boiler's still broken so you won't need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watched Planet of The Apes last night so you just need to write about the animal rights issues within the film. Try and do it while it's still fresh in your mind.x

    ReplyDelete