What's this all about then?

This blog is essentially a dialogue between my 3 home educated children, (whom I was going to give nicknames, but I just know I wouldn't be able to remember who's who) and myself. I will use it to record the work that is set for them, and they will be able to post comments to let me know if they've completed the tasks. I am hoping that this will also double as a useful record to show the authorities when they come calling. We are still getting used to the kids coming out of School and into Home Education, so haven't decided properly on a philosophy or approach yet - although I know I will want to incorporate some structure and also be flexible enough to go out and enjoy the weather when we can! It will also be a place for family and friends to get involved and keep an eye on what we're doing, because they think we just laze about and do nothing all day!!!

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

5th - 9th March, 2012. DANNY

We'll be taking it easy this month, due to books being packed away and all the packing we need to do - so as long as the stuff on this list is done, you can pretty much do what you want to do.

Astronomy - This worksheet will take quite a while so spend half an hour working on it this week. (Dropbox, Education, Subjects, Astronomy, statements about cosmology.)

ICT - Create yourself a Gmail account and put a comment on this post

English - go to http://www.literacyassessment.co.uk/ and go to "take the test", LEA=Northamptonshire, School=Home Educator, Password is written on the board, group is those morrises and you know your name. It's a super easy listening and spelling test so shouldn't take long.

Maths - Spend half an hour on Education city doing maths

Physics - watch this video - http://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/v/introduction-to-tension - and let me know honestly how you find it - is it too hard, boring, easy etc?

Let me know how you get on. x


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ok, I'll have a look for something a bit easier for next week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You needed some help with this but it was quite tricky!! Well done. x

      Delete
  3. Can you have another look at your Astronomy work because that should have took you a lot longer than 10 minutes to complete. Please make sure you've written in depth reasons for your decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your literacy test results were very good, 100% for the phonics test and a listening and spelling age of 14.5 years!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And don't forget to spend half an hour on Education City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danny, make sure you finish off your Astronomy and do half an hour on Education City please - this needs to be done by 5pm tomorrow; If not you will lose time at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete